We have Schoolwide Learning Expectations of our students. A St. Albert The Great student should be:
A Christian Learner...
- Who strives to please God in his/her thoughts, words, and actions
- Who maintains a positive self image as a child of God
- Who knows the importance of God in his/her life and tries to follow the teachings of Jesus
- Who exhibits a lifestyle that displays a knowledge of basic Catholic teachings and biblical facts
A Respectful Citizen...
- Who is tolerant and respectful of diverse ideas and cultures
- Who is respectful of God’s creation, especially human life and the environment
- Who makes good judgments and accepts the consequences of his/her actions
- Who uses interpersonal skills as a member of a church, family, school, work group, and community
A Responsible Student...
- Who completes assignments and tasks on time
- Who evaluates his/her own academic progress
- Who observes school rules
- Who participates in maintaining high standards for the school’s philosophy
- Who is respectful of his/her teacher and school staff in thoughts, language and behavior
A Life-Long Learner...
- Who works equally well in groups and independently
- Who sets personal goals and strives to achieve them both in and out of the classroom
- Who knows how to research and evaluate information
- Who recognizes when he/she needs help and is able to ask for it
- Who learns basic skills in order to accomplish higher/advanced learning
A Problem Solver...
- Who finds effective ways to deal with others in accordance with Christian principles
- Who thinks critically
- Who demonstrates the flexibility to find many solutions
- Who observes, organizes, and analyzes to determine appropriate action
- Who recognizes a need for change and adapts
- Who shows the ability to communicate effectively with peers, faculty, parents, and the outside world both verbally and in writing
- Who is able to use computer technology to collect, organize, and communicate information and ideas
- Who is an active listener
- Who manifests sensitivity for the dignity (“personhood”) of others